Venus Wine & Spirit Merchants PLC understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, venusplc.com and We do not collect personal data about you unless you contact Us. Any personal data We do collect will only be used as permitted by law.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"personal data" means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
"We/Us/Our" means Veus Wine & Spirit Merchants PLC, a limited company registered in England under company number 05689256, whose registered address is Unit 3 Venus House, 62 Garman Road, London, N17 0UT.
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided under the ‘How Can You Access Your Data’ section and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Data Do We Collect?
If you register on this site, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and bank details). We only ask that this information is provided should you want to make an inquiry, purchase or speak to us about our products or services. We only collect the minimum data required to carry out your inquiry.
We may also collect some technical data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version. This is necessary for Us to allow you to use Our Site.
How Do We Use Your Data?
If We do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
If you contact Us and We obtain your personal details from your email, registration or purchase on Our Site, We may use them as follows:
- To reply to your email;
- To contact you for legitimate business interests
- To contact you about your account and our services
- To track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use and to better understand how our websites are used;
- For service-related reasons that you have subscribed to, signed up for, or participate in (e.g. to make you aware of any changes in your subscription, reminding you of a password or username, or about a comment, query or compliant you have made on a website);
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it. We provide an unsubscribe option on all of our communications.
If we do process your personal data we may use one or more of the following lawful basis for processing:
Consent: We may Process your Personal Data where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
Contractual: We may Process your Personal Data where the processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us;
Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Personal Data where the processing is required by applicable law;
Vital interests: We may Process your Personal Data where the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
Legitimate interests: We may process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Venus Wine & Spirit Merchants PLC shall not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the purpose or purposes for which that personal data was originally collected, held, and processed.
We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
When personal data is no longer required, all reasonable steps will be taken to securely erase or otherwise dispose of it without delay.
Where Do We Store Your Data?
Your data will only be stored in the UK in our Data Centre which is supplied and maintained by our IT provider
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure any data We hold about you (even if it is only your email address).
How Can You Access Your Data? (Subject Access Request)
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
We may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by telephone on 020 8801 0011.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
To fulfil certain services we work with some external suppliers. For us to provide this order/ service we may need to share your data with an organisation. We will only share if:
- it is necessary to honour a contract between you and Venus Wine & Spirit Merchants PLC;
- we have a legal obligation to share the information;
- it is in the public interest;
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
We do not subscribe you to marketing emails without your consent.
We do not sell or give away your contact information to any other entities.
We do not allow the vendors who help us process transactions to sell or give away your information.
Links to Other Websites